a love story
by Darla K. Crist
hardcover list price $24
ebook list price $4.99 (coming soon)
Print are available globally through most booksellers. Signed print copies are still available for order from our shop hosted by Big Cartel. If you live in the USA and don’t want to use PayPal, you can send a check for $22 made out to “Folded Word” with “Catherine Sophia” in the comment line to: Folded Word, 79 Tracy Way, Meredith NH 03253.
- To find an independent bookseller who can special order a copy for you, please visit IndieBound.org and enter your zip code.
- Amazon is selling the print edition at a slight discount.
- You can special order from physical Barnes & Noble locations, or order from their website.
- Have used book credit at Powell’s? Use it to order a new copy from them.
This historical fiction novel in verse introduces readers to Catherine Sophia Boucher at the moment she marries poet-painter William Blake. The once-illiterate daughter of a market gardener faces poverty and obscurity while she devotes herself to learning the book-making trade, eventually becoming Blake’s partner in every way. Through meticulous research and masterful word-craft, Darla K. Crist lifts the veil on the woman behind the man, revealing the bitter and the sweet of marriage to an intense visionary.
- You may read the first five pages by right clicking and choosing “save as” to download the PDF.
Darla K. Crist is an Assistant Professor of English at Ivy Tech Community College in Indiana, where she also serves as Writing Center Director. Crist is the author of the haiku collection, The God of Small Losses (2010, Finishing Line Press) and a forthcoming collection of flash fiction, The Book of Wishful Thinking (2015, Folded Word).